Thursday, January 17, 2013

Lunatic Fringe

Recently, I've been asked by various friends and family about my blog. I use to be pretty into book blogging, but in the last couple of years, I've fallen away from it.

Now, however, I feel as if I have a TON to say, and damn it, audience or no, I will say it.

So this new space on the World Wide Web (remember when we actually used that term?) is a place for me to truly let all my crazy shine.

I plan to continue reviewing books, while adding random tirades about people, places, and things that bother me. Two topics that can you can look forward to are People that Sing on the Bus and That Last Step Before the Escalator Ends.

For those who may be reading this and don't know me, or don't know me well, I suppose the next logical step is a brief introduction.

I am a 27 year old single chick who lives in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

If only that's where it stopped, but then if it was, this wouldn't be half as much fun would it?

I am...unique. I am often a contradiction, always just a little bit snarky, but fairly polite, I hate people in general but love the job I do which is based on talking to complete strangers for hours at a time. I am extremely self-conscious but also egotistical and self-centered. I come from a pretty poor background but can sound expensively educated when I really want to. When I'm in a good mood I watch documentaries about The Holocaust. My personal favorite is: I am an only child, but I also have 7 siblings.

I'm also...quirky. I never let anyone else shuffle the cards, and I have to keep score, even though I can't do math. I am just now getting to a point in which I can sleep without having a documentary on...but it's been a slow progression and we're not out of the woods yet. I'm a grammar Nazi, or so I'm told. I think when people say 'I seen' and I sincerely feel that the Buffalo Bill like serial killer rage that it induces it's perfectly appropriate (but I suck at using commas correctly). Whistling is absolutely forbidden when in any room I have control over and most public places. Don't sing when there's no music playing. I will hate you. Forever. If you are one of those people who drums their fingers on a table be prepared to be asked how  long you'd like to keep your phalanges because I would truly like to remove them with a dull blade. Also, for the love of all things holy, do not, EVER shake the damn couch with your leg. If you want to move, that's delightful, but if I wanted to move, I wouldn't be sitting here. If I wanted to vibrate I would have put a fucking quarter in. This will also put you on the list of people that could save my life and I'd still want to take their eyes.

Maybe I'm just a bitch.

2012 wasn't good to me. A relationship that I was a fan of, ended. Suddenly, over the phone. After 3 years. So I made this huge move, well, not compared to others I've made, but still...I moved. The town I came from, which I lived on the outskirts of, has about 1,400 people. Now I live in Pittsburgh...and I really don't feel like looking up the population, but it seems as if it's much more than 1,400. It was a hard transition at first, and I learned that on top of all that controlling weirdness above, I'm also fairly closed minded and judgmental. I'm working on it...

I have also realized that there are these things I want to get done with my life, which is new to me, because I've been fairly spontaneous all my life, so planning is odd.

 At this point, I'm a person finding a whole bunch of new things that seem a little more than interesting about herself, and wants to explore as many of them as possible. I'm quite sure some of it will be entertaining and I also want to share some stories from my past that need to out among the public I am sure...so I'm here to document myself for a while and I'm letting other people 'watch the magic happen'.

Enjoy...

3 comments:

  1. Nice to see you back! Can't wait to hear what you have to say. We both are back to blogging, so let's try to inspire and motivate each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to reading your thoughts and rants. I may have to start one of these, just to babble. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sally....really?? It has been 4 hours playing SkipBo for the love of coffee let me shuffle the stupid cards!! :)

    ReplyDelete